The Leibniz Information Centre for Science and Technology – Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB) (www.tib.eu/en/) (in Hannover, Germany) – Program Area C, Research and Development, invites applications for a position of a
Postdoctoral Researcher (m / f)
to work in the Visual Analytics Research Group (Prof. Dr. Ewerth, https://www.tib.eu/en/research-development/visual-analytics/) as soon as possible. The position is initially limited to two years, with the aim of continuing employment. The working time is 100% of the regular weekly working time (39.8 hours/week), The position is generally suitable for part-time work.
- Research and development of methods for the development, search and exploration of large textual and multimedia databases in a scientific context
- Support the coordination of the training programme of the European doctoral network CLEOPATRA (EU - Marie Curie Innovative Training Network)
- Participation in the preparation of applications for third-party funding
- Preparation of scientific publications
- Co-supervision of doctoral students
- Design and development of software solutions for innovative library services
- Own further scientific qualification with the perspective of leading your own junior research group
- Successfully completed university degree (Master's or equivalent) in computer science or a related field of study and a very good doctorate/PhD
- Very good expertise in one or more of these areas: Visual Analytics / Information Visualization, Natural Language Processing, Multimedia Computing, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Data Engineering, Knowledge Graphs, and Related Areas
- Active publication activities and acquisition of third-party funds
- Above-average commitment, solution orientation, initiative and ability to work in a team, independent and structured way of working
- Excellent communication competence
- Very good knowledge of written and spoken English; Knowledge of German is an advantage, but not necessary
What we offer:
In the research and development department, you have the opportunity to continue your scientific career in a dynamic and excellent research environment. Currently, there are five research groups on Data Science and Digital Libraries, Scientific Data Engineering, Knowledge Infrastructures, Learning and Skills Analytics and Visual Analytics. Common to all research groups is the vision to rethink the representation and provision of scientific data and information and to organize them in an Open Research Knowledge Graph in the future. There is a close cooperation with the Research Center L3S of Leibniz University Hannover - the L3S is one of the leading research institutes in the fields of Web & Data Science. Last but not least, we attach great importance to an open and creative working atmosphere with flat hierarchies in which it is fun to work. Furthermore, we offer:
- Candidates will work in the context of national, European or international research and innovation projects.
- Funding is available for equipment, conference and research visit travel.
- A portfolio of technology components to build on, including TIB AV-Portal, TIB‘s arXiv-Portal, DBpedia, OntoWiki, Qanary QA, SlideWiki etc.
We provide a scientifically and intellectually inspiring environment wi th an entrepreneurial mindset embedded in a leading technical university and one of the largest technical information centers being part of Leibniz research association. Our aim is to provide the environment and resources to make the research group leaders successful in their field.
The salary amounts to German TV-L E13, which is roughly 45.000 to 60.000 Euro gross income per year.
If you are interested, questions regarding the position can be addressed to the head of the Visual Analytics Research Group, Prof. Dr. Ralph Ewerth (email@example.com).
How to apply:
Please send your complete application documents (CV and a brief motivational statement incl. your research interests) with the subject 63/2018 before 31st January 2019 either as a single PDF document file to Bewer firstname.lastname@example.org or by post addressed to:
Technische Informationsbibliothek (TIB)
Herrn Daniel Eilers
Welfengarten 1 B