Alpen-Adria-Universitaet Klagenfurt (Austria) is establishing a Graduate School under the title “Decision-making in a digital environment (DECIDE)”. We are pleased to announce several fully-funded doctoral student positions. The positions are funded for 36 months. The expected start date is 1st October, 2019.
The distinctive feature of this graduate school is its interdisciplinary nature: The involved faculty members have a strong background in either social sciences and economics, computer science, engineering or psychology, perform research in their dedicated fields, and foster interdisciplinarity.
We specifically invite applications from candidates with interest or knowledge in the following two areas:
* decision-support and recommendation systems (algorithms, HCI)
* machine learning / artificial intelligence
For questions regarding these areas of research, please contact Prof. Dietmar Jannach (dietmar.jannach [at] aau.at).
Additional areas of interest include:
* simulation-based research methods (e.g., agent-based simulation, multi-agent simulation, Monte-Carlo simulation),
* modelling of economic systems,
* energy informatics,
* networked autonomous systems,
* diffusion processes,
* decision-making and judgment,
* management control systems,
* quantitative research methods,
* uni- and multivariate data analysis methods.
The official position announcement and application instructions can be found here: